Invert the process
- Instead of candidates telling us what they can do for us - We tell candidates what we want done.
- We want candidates who are aligned with our values. We determine this based on how our questions are answered.
- We help our candidate to win by providing our financial support and the pledge of our votes.
- We improve the chances of getting Progressive candidates to declare by providing early feedback on their chances of winning.
- The more donations and votes we collect the better the candidate's chances. We remove two of the barriers for Progressive candidates coming forward: financing and support.
- We play an active role early in the process as opposed to passively waiting for a Progressive to declare.
- The end result is that we select a candidate that suits us and we help them to win.
If we do nothing then we will not be able to influence the type of candidate that comes forward. It will be politics as usual.